Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Ready for Our Big Trip!

The last minute Thailand Trip Planning is in full force! Our dining room table has been taken over as headquarters for domestic flight booking, research on where to stay, making sure bills are paid before we leave and the house (thanks Steph) and Lucy (thanks Jan, Newmans, Kerstons & SIL!!) are taken care of while we are gone... and lots working overtime to ensure things are buttoned up at the office(s) before we leave.A spare room/office has turned into the Packing Plant (our first run of, “Here’s what we think we’ll need” is all laid out… to be followed by, let’s cut this in half so it all fits in the pack and we can actually lug these suckers around across the world.)Lucy has succeeded in her mission of, “let’s see how much noise I can make with my toys or how pathetic I can look sitting by myself at their feet so they’ll feel bad and walk me a couple times a day.”And we have officially moved to the, “It doesn’t make sense to go to the grocery when we’re only here a couple more days Stage” and are trying our best to get creative with the fresh stuff in the fridge so we don’t do a big dump when we leave. (Here’s a pic of the homemade pizza from Saturday night).Our itinerary is loosely set (no reservations YET, but we did make a Costco run today to grab an International Phone card to attempt to book our Bangkok accommodations since we get in around midnight.) My customary trip journal is just getting warmed up (pic of first page with initial run at our trip itinerary we made over a brew at Hattie’s Hat).

This will likely be our last blog entry before we leave – I’ll do my best to update along our journey!

Laa Kawn! (That’s “goodbye” in Thai, or at least that’s what Lonely Planet tells us) :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Allen said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure upon your return! Have a great time Brett and Ali. I'll miss you!
xoxo Steph

Brooke Schlameus said...

I am going to miss you guys tons! Have a FANTASTIC trip...I know you will if it's even anything close to the time I had there. Like I told you, I will be living vicariously through you (across the world and one day behind) from my desk at work. Take lots of pics and be safe! I'll take good care of your little one :)