Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rock 'n' Roll!

14 weeks ago, after a little persuasion from SIL, I decided to sign up for the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Half Marathon. What made me think this was a good idea when I literally could barely run a single mile (not to mention that 1.0 mile trek would take upwards of 12 minutes to complete...) I'm not sure... but each run I added a tenth of a mile here, a quarter of a mile there and after all was said and done I managed to complete the 13.1 mile race from Tukwila to Seattle in just under 2:08! While I'm no where near breaking any records or impressing the real runners out there it's a personal best, pretty rewarding, and weird to say I think I might actually enjoy jogging now?! Happy Running! weird!

Me, Brooke, Melanie & Dom (a couple of my fellow Music Amazonians... Dom is pretending the race kicked his butt, however Dom can run a 6 minute mile, so we needn't worry.)
25,000 runners - SOLD OUT!

Brooke (it was her 4th Halfer!!) & Ali
Start Time: 0:31:20, End Time: Sometime before 2:39:53 (luckily Brett was able to put down Lucy and get the camera out for this pic shortly after I crossed the finish line... as sadly my time chip didn't register :( ) ...p.s. for the fam, that big black building in the background (tallest this side of the Mississippi, is where I work!)

3 comments:

Our Lives In A Nutshell said...

I hate running too but for some strange reason, I feel like my life won't be complete until I run one half marathon. Maybe we should train and do it together next year!

Jim Warren said...

Great weather! Nice work Brooke and Ali!

The Hunter Family said...

YAY, you updated the blog! What an accomplishment - nice work!!